Favorte Photo - My Mother in her Wedding Dress

This past Tuesday was the 100th anniversary of my mother's birth.  Dorothy Nell Clark was born January 26, 1921 in Lancaster, Texas and died May 15, 1996 in Fort Worth, Texas.  She was the only child of Elmer Clark and Agnes Maude Spurlock Clark. My favorite picture of her is from 1939 and she is wearing her wedding dress.

Dorothy Nell Clark Springer
Wedding Dress - Personal Collection

From her Bridal book, this is the description of the dress:
"Beige and British Tan suite with chartreuse accessories, and a corsage of talisman roses."

As part of her outfit, she also wore a hat, shown here with my dad, Aubrey Delton Springer.

Wedding Day, April 7, 1939
Personal Collection

Here is another wonderful picture of them and mom is wearing another great hat!

In the Bridal Book, the only other information about the wedding is listed here:

The Wedding Party:

Bride: Dorothy Nell Clark

Groom: Aubrey Delton Springer

Minister: Rev. L. D. Boatman

Witnesses: Mr. & Mrs. J. B. Springer

Attendants: Mrs. Elmer Clark, Mr. & Mrs. W. R. Noles

Place: 502 S. Cumberland, Dallas, Texas

Date: April 7, 1939

Time: 9:30 P.M.

I do not know what happened to the wedding dress, but I am lucky enough to have the chartreuse gloves that were part of her accessories.  Of course, when I need them, I cannot find them, so I will continue the search and add that photo later.

Well, I finally found the gloves - where they were safe and sound!  So, here are a couple of photos of the gloves.  You can see these gloves in my mother's hands, in the photo of my mom and dad together.


It is amazing how small my mother's hands were.  (That's my hand)

The photos are a little too yellow, but I hope you can get the idea, anyway! 





Happy 100th Birthday, Mom!

'Til Next Time!

Updated May 24, 2021

Comments

Post a Comment